A cell phone has become the preferred method of communication these days. The days when you used a phone with a cord and answering machine are long over. Cell phones have become a way of life for so many of us. In fact, 90% of Americans will not do anything unless they have access to their cell phones.
Holding a good conversation used to consist of talking face-to-face with someone. Now, most want to talk over their phones. Technology has really helped to open the doors to the way we communicate. Below you will find 6 ways a cell phone app can help grow your communication skills.
- Do you do a lot of banking? Most of us do. There was a time when you had to spend a lot of time and money in order to conduct an everyday banking experience. Now you do not have to worry about this. Download your bank’s phone app and get your banking done.Now you do not have to make a trip out of your way to find your bank. Now you do not have to waste gas money and mileage for just a 5 minute trip to the bank. You can call up your banking rep and get your business done. You can also transfer money between bank accounts online on your phone. All you need is a WiFi connection and a bank and your job is done.
- Cell phone apps help to save lives. It used to be that you had to wait until the emergency people arrived. Now there are apps that can help you take care of any emergency through your phone. Say you need to save someone’s life? There are apps you can use to help contain the situation until the emergency team arrives. It is that simple. There is something called an SMS for Life Program. It helps to deliver valuable information and life-saving tools to those living in rural communities. There is also an app that helps out with HIV Prevention. This app helps to deliver vital tools and information on the disease and how to prevent infection. It used to be that we got our information through pamphlets. These pamphlets still exist, but most people prefer to use the app.
- Cell phone apps help you to connect with pretty much anyone around the world. Did you know that there are about 6 billion cell phone subscriptions around the world? Five billion of these come from developing countries. These apps can have a greater impact on those facing certain economic crises. A farmer can use an app to help him with his crop growing. He can find out how much he needs to make his quota. Once he finds this information out, then he can relay this information to his team. He can also find out where the strengths and weaknesses are in the soil. These types of apps are good for all types of things.
- Just one cell phone app can help connect and respond to certain marketplaces. Say you need to find something for your business. An app can open up and tell you where you find what you need. An app can give you details on certain ads that may be preferable for your business. It is that simple. You do not need to make endless phone calls anymore to find something that can be found in 5 seconds.
- You can also place an ad on somewhere like CraigsList from anywhere in the world. The ad goes live. Someone contacts you and inquires about what you are offering. You do not need to comb through endless paper ads anymore.
- Cell phone apps can help you find jobs. This is one of the most popular features for users. You do not need to look through the paper anymore. You can go online to a “job site” app and look. There are endless listings. Some of the listings are not even being publicly advertised. You can only find them on the app. All you do is submit your information and wait. You’ll be connected to someone. They can tell you whether or not the position has been filled. No more waiting for a “no”.